Friday, February 15, 2008

 

Personal Reaction to NIU Shootings

Well, it’s Friday and I’m still shaky about the shootings at NIU. I graduated from Northern Illinois University 10 years ago and I haven’t thought much about my time there since but ever since hearing of the shootings yesterday afternoon I haven’t been able to think of much else. Cole Hall was a place that every student spent many hours in general studies classes and if someone wanted to do a lot of damage, I guess it was a good place to plan a thing like this. Hearing the names of the buildings and spaces of my college days all over the news has thrown me back to those days and to think of the bloodshed and horrible damage done there is heart wrenching! I was a student-athlete when at NIU and have received a couple emails letting me know that none of the people I know in the athletics department were hurt, although some were nearby and helped stabilize the injured and frightened. I don’t really have any way to end this note. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the events at NIU…

And of course, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.

Sinta Seiber-Lane
WUIS Program Director

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]